FC1 multiple ethernet interface issue

David Benigni dbenigni at lutron.com
Tue Feb 15 13:35:03 UTC 2005

Here is the dump from ip route list for various modes of the nics.

eth0 up and eth1 down (normal boot):
10.1.0.0/16 dev eth0  scope link
127.0.0.0/8 dev lo  scope link
default via 10.x.y.1 dev eth0

eth0 up and eth1 up (via ifup eth1):
10.1.0.0/16 dev eth1  scope link
10.1.0.0/16 dev eth1  proto kernel  scope link  src 10.x.y.121
127.0.0.0/8 dev lo  scope link
default via 10.x.y.1 dev eth1

eth0 up and eth1 down (via ifdown eth1):
127.0.0.0/8 dev lo  scope link

eth0 up and eth1 down(via /etc/init.d/network restart):
10.1.0.0/16 dev eth0  scope link
127.0.0.0/8 dev lo  scope link
default via 10.x.y.1 dev eth0

Thanks
Dave

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:43:01 -0500, Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 13:35, David Benigni wrote:
> It would be informative to see the netstat -rn

Or better, use

   ip route list     # if not root, use /sbin/ip

This can give you more information than the old netstat
command; especially if you're trying to do weighted split-
routing across multiple interfaces.

Also I'd like to see what it was initialially after the first NIC
was up, but before you brought up the second.   And then
the same output after bringing up the second one.

--
Deron Meranda