What's a good video card?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 15 17:17:58 UTC 2005

Chadley Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 February 2005 15:59, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
>
> If your are looking for 3D then switch to XFree which also works better with
> cedega.

I'll bite, where can I get xfree?

> I am running UT2004, Q3 arena , N4Speed underground, Start craft, Black and
> White, Doom3, Half Life with addons, and a couple more.
> My younger sister is running the Sims 2 with addons as well and a couple kiddy
> games.

Maybe this will help with QuakeII.

> If you don't want games and don't need 3D then just about any card will do. If
> you need a driver and can't compile or install one then use the vesa or
> vesafb driver.

Ok.  Good graphics and text and something that I can play with and maybe
I will get a good suspendable kernel that does not crash after I try to
come back to life.
--
James McKenzie
With assistance, Now running 2.6.11rc3, Software Suspend 2