FC1 multiple ethernet interface issue

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Feb 15 20:54:36 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 03:40:59PM -0500, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> That one still bugs me too.  :)  Most of the time I just ignore the
> deprecation warning and use nslookup.

There are good reasons not to, by the way. For one thing, using it to try
and diagnose name resolution issues on your system is somewhat like using
pigs to find out about human diseases -- it's similar, but it's not using
the same mechanisms, so you can't be certain that the results are
meaningful.

Plus, it does that wacky thing where it tries to resolve server names
instead of just doing what it's told.

Plus, "host" is shorter to type anyway. :)

--
Matthew Miller            mattdm at mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
-->  Fedora Users & Developers Conference, hosted by Boston University  <--