Fedora 3 First boot trouble Logging on

lvbohemian lvbohemian at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 01:30:22 UTC 2005

http://vpc.visualwin.com/Notes/FedoraCore.3.Final.html

found this link and it solved my Fedora Core 3
installation/boot trouble with Virtual PC 2004 SP1,
works like a champ now...

RE:

I have installed Fedora Core 3, three times now all
with the same results, I get to the successful reboot
and get prompted with a "(none) logon: " entry with
out the quotes...

I checked all the iso's and they all passed...

I took the workstation installation with all the
defaults and have tried it with & without the boot
loader password...

I used the graphical anaconda install with the default
grub boot loader, which seemed intuitive enough, but
after the first/initial reboot after the install I
enter root at the "(none) logon: " prompt and it just
repeats the same entry, no subsequent prompt for a
password just keeps repeating the same thing "(none)
logon: "

I am running this inside ms virtual pc 2004, Intel P4,
1GB RAM

I am new to linux/fedora and this is my initial
learning endeavor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.