problem with HP laptop and 3Com modem

Charles Li cli168 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 03:11:56 UTC 2005

Hi,
I am trying to get my HP laptop to work with a 3COM
modem card.
I have try the linmodem driver but it still did not
detect the modem.  I had this modem working in a Dell
laptop with the same linmodem driver.

The problem might be that some other device is using
resources this modem needs (from WinXP's hardware
manager, but it would not tell me which device took
the modem's resource, I also can not get it to start
on WinXP).
Is there a tool out there that can tell me which
device is causing the conflict?
Thanks,
Charles Li