Core 3 Freezes at 1.st start of X after install

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Feb 16 04:45:00 UTC 2005

Jim Cornette wrote:
> Tor Harald Thorland wrote:
>
>> Paul Howarth wrote:

> I have rawhide fully updated and might be able to see if the problem is
> resolved or still present. Lockups are better avoided.

Just tested this problem out on rawhide with the latest everything. It
appears that switching to a virtual terminal, then back to the GUI locks
up the computer, puts the fan into high speed mode, emits a smell of
overheated silicon.

Best to boot from runlevel 3  and use startx & to launch X, do not
switch to a terminal console, then back to the GUI. Stay away from
tuxracer also. (As a test program).

kernel-2.6.10-1.1142_FC4
xorg-x11-6.8.2-1

I haven't tried the previous noaccel or other suggestions yet, but it is
still broken.

Jim

--
Your parity check is overdrawn and you're out of cache.