Linux Desktop for university staff

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Wed Feb 16 05:28:51 UTC 2005

Brian Mury wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-15-02 at 15:14 -0500, David Curry wrote:
>

>>calc does not have as many built in functions
>>for users to draw on (date manipulations such as determining the time
>>between two dates come to mind).
>>

>Calc can do that! The DAYS function calculates the number of days
>between two dates.

Brian, I am aware of OO.o functions DAY, DAYS, DAYS360, DAYSINMONTH, and
DAYSINYEAR.
These are all useful functions in many applications.  But, there are
other applications where something like DAYS360 just don't measure up in
a world with a 365.25 day calendar year.

Many subscribers on this list may not be aware of some "undocumented"
excel functions, at least one of which deals with dates.   If
interested, see a mail list called Office for Mere Mortals which you
should be able to subscribe to at wow-robot at woodyswatch.com.  See volume
6 no.3 (dated 1/27/05) of the list records.