Kernel-2.6.16-1.13_FC2.i686

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Feb 16 08:09:22 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 23:35 -0600, Satish Balay wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Dave Jones wrote:
>
> > There's also an --oldpackage option, but from the manpage, it seems
> > that's only for upgrade's, not install's.
>
> Actually 'rpm -ivh --oldpackage kernel.rpm' works! I've used it before.

Yes, and shame on you Dave for suggesting to anybody that they should
use --force! ;-) Really, we should be doing everything possible to
discourage the use of --force and --nodeps unless absolutely necessary -
use of these options often leads to screwed-up systems.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>