How is FC3 ACPI on laptops these days?

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Wed Feb 16 10:02:36 UTC 2005

Am Mittwoch, den 16.02.2005, 16:30 +0800 schrieb Dexter Ang:
> Hey folks,
>
> As the last version of Fedora I've used was FC2, I'm wondering about
> the current 'condition' of FC3. I'm using a Thinkpad T30. Going
> through the archives, I didn't really see any info regarding ACPI
> status.

Currently I'm using a TP 40p with FC3 and FC3 ACPI. FC3 doesn't include
any client script. You have to write them yourself or collect them by
searching the archives. I use it for suspend to RAM (closing the lid or
fn+f4) and shutdown via power switch. The power-drain bug is present,
but otherwise it works very well for me. ACPI does not recognize the
other Thinkpad key combinations as Fn+F12 etc so I can't use them. ACPI
events are logged in var/log and I didn't notice an event that is not
recognized (others as the above key combinations).

If power consumption is critical and I have to go to S3 quite often I
boot into APM but otherwise ACPI works fine for me.

Peter