VOIP

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 16 13:32:51 UTC 2005

Mark Panen wrote:
> Strange OSS is included in XMMS and works, do you mean the alsamixer
> volume control or is there another volume control ?

Point of fact: OSS *was* part of the kernel. ALSA, the ordained
successor, includes emulation for OSS, so programs like xmms can
continue to work.

So xmms uses the OSS API. It doesn't include OSS, any more than Firefox
for Windows includes Win98.

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | We watched a friend's "Armageddon" DVD ... Much of the
Exeter    Devon    UK | plot (ahem) revolves around machinery that persistently