building updated FC3 dvd

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Wed Feb 16 15:31:34 UTC 2005

steve_dum at mentorg.com wrote:
> Can someone point me to a procedure to remake the FC3 dvd with all the
> patches included?
>
> I thought I saved these instructions from long ago, but searched hi and lo and
> can't find them.  I need to do an install on a machine w/o network access
> and would like to just do it once.

Please test this script:

ftp://ftp.crc.dk/pub/fedora/update/mergedvd.pl

Download it to a directory, make it executable,
get the original DVD image into orig/FC3-i386-DVD.iso
and

./mergedvd.pl

should make a new DVD .iso file.

You might want to change the lines in the start of the
script to make it point to a mirror of fc3 updates closer to you.

It is important that the updated .rpm files have a correct
timestamt.

You should have some anaconda*.rpm's installed, else
the script won't run.

Please let me know if it works for you...

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk