FC2 - NIC firewall?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Feb 16 18:24:09 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 16.02.2005 schrieb Dave Pisarek um 19:19:

> Is there a built in firewall in FC2 that stops certain traffic to the
> NIC? sshd is running and i can ssh to the localhost but from outside I
> cannot. The machine is assigned a static private IP and is behind
> Netopia router. the netopia is set to forward all traffic to the
> static Ip of the FC2 machine but the connection dies when I attempt to
> connect. does anyone know where I can check this in FC2?

Each current Linux system has a build-in filter: netfilter/iptables. And
this one might block traffic. The iptables setup that Fedora Core uses
by default is /etc/sysconfig/iptables. You can find out current, active
rules by running

service iptables status

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.10-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 19:22:08 up 23:47, 18 users, 0.75, 0.85, 0.60