FC2 - NIC firewall?

Bill Gradwohl bill at ycc.com
Wed Feb 16 18:30:59 UTC 2005

Dave Pisarek wrote:

>Is there a built in firewall in FC2

Yes, if you took the normal suggestions at install time

> that stops certain traffic to the
>NIC? sshd is running and i can ssh to the localhost but from outside I
>cannot. The machine is assigned a static private IP and is behind
>Netopia router. the netopia is set to forward all traffic to the
>static Ip of the FC2 machine but the connection dies when I attempt to
>connect. does anyone know where I can check this in FC2?

The command:
    service iptables stop
will turn off the firewall.

You say "static private IP" - like what?
What IP does the router have and what IP does your machine have?

Some ISP's in our area are providing 192.168., 10. and 172.16. type
addresses to end users for a ceratin inexpensive class of service. Those
are non routable.

--
Bill Gradwohl
bill at ycc.com