Moving contacts between versions of evolution

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Feb 16 18:52:09 UTC 2005

Hopefully a simple question that someone has experience with.

I have a system running FC2 and evolution 1.4.6.  I have another machine
that has FC3 on it and evolution 2.0.2.

I want to move the contact list from the FC2 box over to the FC3
system.  Is this as simple as copying the evolution/local/Contacts
directory over to the new system?  Or should I just copy the
addressbook.db and addressbook.db.summary over?

Hoping that someone else has done this and can confirm that this will
work.  I don't see an export feature in evolution although there is an
import feature.  But that appears to be geared towards pulling in stuff
from Outlook and Netscape.

As always any pointers would be appreciated.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Immature artists imitate, mature artists steal.
		-- Lionel Trilling