newbie in trouble - recovering fstab

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Feb 16 19:05:25 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 18:46 +0100, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> Hi Paul et al. (whever al is)
>
> yum clean
> &
> yum clean packages
>
> weren't enough...
>
> I've cleared out all the logs and tmp files - also gone in and deleted
> some out of date email archives.
>
> That hasn't helped yet.
>
> So how do I remove a package from command line?

# rpm -e packagename
or
# yum remove packagename
(if you want yum to take out the dependencies too - don't worry, it'll
ask you for confirmation before removing them)

Could you try running "du -ks /* > /du.txt" and post back the contents
of the file /du.txt when it's done (this will take a while)? This should
show which top-level directory is taking the excessive amount of space.

When you installed the OS, did you do an "Everything" install?

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>