modules.conf

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Wed Feb 16 22:42:07 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 15:40 -0600, Kevin Wentland wrote:
> I recently upgraded from FC1 to FC3....
>
> in the top of modprobe.conf it says the 2.4 and below kernels also
> need the stuff in modules.conf.....
>

> is modules.conf used anymore with the newer kernels?

    Oh, yes.  It's just called modprobe.conf now.  See the man.  It's a
little different- the syntax has changed a bit.

Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller