Linux and Spywares - lack of reading

Robert Storey y2kbug at ms25.hinet.net
Thu Feb 17 01:02:38 UTC 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:50:55 +0800
Robert Storey <y2kbug at ms25.hinet.net> wrote:

> No, not really the downloading of a program. Rather, to get you to
> click to go to a web site that will look just like Citibank or Amex so
> that you enter confidential info that will then be recorded.
>
> >From what I understand, Mozilla will now ship with the
> internationalization features turned off by default. The article you
> were referring to (worth reading!) was publicised on Slashdot:
>
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/02/15/1922215&tid=154&tid=1
>
> cheers,
> Robert

Let me add to what I wrote above. You can (and should) turn off the
internationalization feature in Mozilla and Firefox.

"The attack can be disabled in Firefox and Mozilla by setting
'network.enableIDN' to false in the browser's configuration (enter
about:config in the address bar to access the configuration functions).
The Mozilla development team today made this the default setting. Users
who want IDN support will be able to turn it on, but will be warned
about the risks involved."

 -- Robert