Attention Fedora Core 3 Radeon users

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Thu Feb 17 07:37:43 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

>  "Mike A. Harris" <mharris at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Does DRI actually work on Radeon for _anyone_ out there without
>> crashing either immediately, or within some timeframe?
>>
>> There are oodles of DRI related radeon bugs, and I'm just trying
>> to get an idea if it actually works for anyone at all, so we can
>> decide the best approach to resolving the issues reported so far.
>
>Are you guys going to put out xorg 6.8.2 for FC3?

Yes.  For those who haven't followed development discussions,
etc. too closely, we've planned all along to keep FC3 updated
with 6.8.x updates as they are all intended to be stable bugfix
updates with no new features.

Having said that, people will now be wondering "when".  There is
no specific date or time determined yet, however I am going to
build rpms for FC3 and push them to "testing" first sometime
soon, and after a week or two push them to "updates" if no major
catastrophic problems (relative to my own viewpoint of course
<grin>) are reported.  ;o)

People wanting to test 6.8.2 with official RHAT rpms, should add
FC3 "testing" to their yum configuration, and just keep checking
until it is available.  Should be really soon, but I wont provide
any specific date because I don't want to be tied to any specific
date.
</blatant honesty>

;o)

P.S.  I am not subscribed to fedora-list, so wont see anyone's