ACPI suspend et al

Michael Scottaline nbhs2 at i-2000.com
Thu Feb 17 11:30:23 UTC 2005

Mark Panen wrote:
> Hi
>
> Anyone have suspend or hibernate working on a laptop in FC 3 ?
>
> I tried it last night and it suspended all right but when i tried to
> come out she frooze and had to do a hard reboot.

Actually, it's working flawlessly for me on a Chembook derivative.  but
here's the catch.  It's quite old and doesn't pass the BIOS test for
acpi (older than 2001).  So apm handles power management.  BVattery
applet on gkrellm is accurate, and suspend works great.  You might want
to try turning acpi off, perhaps <shrug>
Mike