Telnet Man Page

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 17 13:05:06 UTC 2005

Bob Chiodini wrote:
> The telnet man page is almost unreadable.  Does anyone else see this?

Yes. But I'm on x86-64 (shiny new computer)! Are you?

Paul Howarth wrote:
> FC3 telnet manpage looks fine here. What is your locale setting?

Personally, en_GB.UTF-8.

> Does "LANG=C man telnet" look any better?

As Bob said, no.

> The "man" program does not appear to be expanding macros like ".TH" abd
> ".SH" in the source. Is this just happening for the telnet manpage or
> for all manpages? How about "man rlogin"?

man rlogin looks fine to me.

[james at kendrick ~]$ rpm -qV man
[james at kendrick ~]$ rpm -qV telnet
[james at kendrick ~]$ rpm -q man
man-1.5o1-7
[james at kendrick ~]$ rpm -q telnet
telnet-0.17-30

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | ... and watched Richard Stallman ask one of the
Exeter    Devon    UK | waiting staff whether the spring rolls did indeed