how to access window network

Glenn Story glenn.story at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 16:06:08 UTC 2005

1.  Add an entry such as the following to /etc/fstab:

//servername/dir   /some/local/dir   smbfs   noauto,user

2.  Execute the following command

mkdir -p /some/local/dir

Now whenever you want to mount this file system issue the command

mount /some/local/dir

The "user" attribue in the fstab entry will permit you to execute this
command from a non-root account.

You will be prompted for your windows username and password.

Of course you should substitute suitable values for servername, dir,
some, and local.

-- Glenn