upgrades/installs on Promise RAID setup?

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Thu Feb 17 16:50:54 UTC 2005

     Has anyone managed to get an installation or upgrade of either Fedora
Core 3 or RHEL 4 to work on a machine which currently is using the Promise
RAID drivers (non-free) and the BIOS level RAID support? I understand that
the dmraid package was supposed to decipher the block setup of such Promise
RAID drives and allow installation onto them without reformatting. However
it was never clear to me if this support was migrated into anaconda such
anaconda would be able to recognize and mount such drives. Thanks in advance
for any clarifications.
                 Jack