Fedora Core 3 Motherboard Recommendations

Rick Meyer rick at workcity.ca
Thu Feb 17 17:17:13 UTC 2005

BTW I'm in Canada on the East Coast.  So price does matter because this is
the first five of probably twenty systems I'm going to build.  I would like
to build these for around (now don't laugh!) $500.00  However I will need to
build a couple of high-end servers so recommendations on 64 bit system
boards would also be appreciated.

Reliability and stability of the main board is critical.  Obviously price is
of concern. I have used some ECS all-in-one boards and have had a high
failure rate, so that's out.  I have had some not so nice experiences with
the SIS chipsets - so are the NVIDIA chipsets better for Fedora? Or is a
different chipset the way to go?  I think manufactures should release some
MTBF rates for the motherboards.  Also I have come across the NVIDIA SLI
certification.  It sounds close to what I want when I purchase a bunch of
motherboards.

Rick

  _____