system-network-config cannot find my installed modem

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 17 17:18:23 UTC 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:47:59 +0800
zhamrock <zhamrock at ispx.com.ph> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i'm having problem with my FC3, system-config-network cannot detect my
> modem though it was configured by kudzu :

[snip what looks like an external modem]

Just manually enter the device (in your case, it seems to be /dev/ttyS0).
Even though system-config-network complains that it can't find a modem,
it'll still work. :)

System-config-network just doesn't happen to be very good at detecting
modems, that's all.  It's never found one for me.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!