ACPI suspend et al

Pete Toscano pete-fedora at verisignlabs.com
Thu Feb 17 19:02:59 UTC 2005

Did you try "acpi=off" on the kernel command line?  I don't use the
stock kernel on my ThinkPad, but in FC3, ACPI is on by default.  If you
want to use APM, you have to explicitly disable ACPI for APM to turn on.

That said, if you're willing to go off the standard distro RPMS,
depending on your computer, you might be able to get ACPI working just
fine.