Slightly OT: Greylisting success or failure stories?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Feb 17 19:15:52 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 14:05, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:

> I installed milter-greylist-1.6.  It got rid of 95% of my SPAM email.
> I went from 300-400 messages a day to 2-3.  And those are coming in
> through my fetchmail account, so there's not much I can do about it.
> I rely on Spamassassin and the Bayesian filters in Thunderbird to get
> rid of most of those.

At first I was wondering how greylisting helped you using fetchmail but
I take it that the few that got through came through a different path.
:)

Your results mirror mine very closely.  In my case the site went from
3000 to 8000 spam a day down to 5 or 10 spam a day.  And the server
stopped choking on itself trying to process all those messages.

Just need to get all the mail servers running greylisting.....  :)

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Gnagloot, n.:
	A person who leaves all his ski passes on his jacket just to
	impress people.
		-- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"