Slightly OT: Greylisting success or failure stories?

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Thu Feb 17 19:54:12 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike McMullen" <mlm at loanprocessing.net>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 1:37 PM
Subject: Re: Slightly OT: Greylisting success or failure stories?

> What kind of delay times are there for legit email
> getting through?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

I set mine to ask the sending server to retry in one minute.  However, it
really depends on the load of the sending server.  I've seen delays of up to
several hours for the first message.  However, once the sender is added to
the greylist there is no delay.  I also set my retension to 180 days.  In
other words, once you've been added to the list, you're good for 6 months.

Thomas