Slightly OT: Greylisting success or failure stories?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Feb 17 19:55:57 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 14:37, Mike McMullen wrote:
> What kind of delay times are there for legit email
> getting through?

You can control the initial grey listing time.  I believe by default
they have 30 minutes.  However I have seen no change in results of using
as little as 2 minutes.

The actual delay of the email however is going to be controlled by the
sending MTA.  Based on log file examination most legit MTAs will retry a
message in the first 5 to 10 minutes.  I believe sendmail retries fairly
quickly and then has an algorithm that backs off using longer delays
between retries until the message finally is considered undeliverable.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

I have many CHARTS and DIAGRAMS..