FC3 Upgrade Aborts

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Thu Feb 17 20:14:06 UTC 2005

I've been successfully upgrading from release to release without problems
for quite some time now.  However, I tried to do an upgrade from FC2 to
FC3 the other day and ended in an abort...nothing else???

I checked my CD's and they all passed the media check.  I had already
brought FC2 up to date using yum.  Everything is working correctly with
FC2.  I've tried both a text only and a normal graphical install.

When I try to upgrade I get all the way down to the message saying that
the upgrade is about to begin and it may take some time depending on the
number of packages needed to be upgraded.  Then boom...there is a message
that the upgrade ended prematurely and I'm return to the text screen with
a message that the system is ready to be rebooted...nothing else???

I can reboot without problems so the upgrade never actually started at all.

Is there any place I can check to see why the upgrade crashed???  Any
suggestions???