java plugin firefox and ibm's website

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Feb 18 03:07:00 UTC 2005

On Thursday 17 February 2005 21:26, Mike Hoy wrote:
>hi,
>
>is the java on this page Microsoft Java VM?
>http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?cat
>alogId=-840&storeId=1&langId=-1&dualCurrId=73&categoryId=2302836
>
>because I can't view it.
>
>i installed the jre and made a sym link to firefox's plugin
> directory and still can't view the java applet on this page.
>
>thanks
>mike

Maybe the link doesn't work or the perms are wrong.  I just cd'd to
the firefox/plugins dir and I have the real thing, probably dual
installed:

-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root   135084 Dec  7 01:15 libjavaplugin_oji.so

and it Just Works(TM) here both for firefox and mozilla at the above
link.  I have copies in both 'plugins' dirs.  And obviously I'm
running as root :(

I haven't attempted it, but to save disk space and upgrade confusion,
it seems to me that we should be able to mkdir a /usr/local/MFplugins
dir, mv all the stuff in the other two dirs to it, then do an lndir
from both of those now empty plugins dirs to the ../../MFplugins dir

Is there anything wrong with that idea?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)