fetchmail stuipidity

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Feb 18 07:20:36 UTC 2005

I just manually cleaned off 460+ emails from my ISP's mailbox that I
'fetch' mail from.

they were logging in my fetchmail log as...

fetchmail: incorrect header line found while scanning headers

and they seemed to be 100% spam. It would be better to let them through
and have my 'sieve' filter spank them here than to leave them on my
ISP's system.

This is my .fetchmailrc
defaults
set daemon 180
set postmaster craig
set nospambounce
set nobouncemail
set logfile /home/craig/fetchmail.log
poll mail-phx-03.alevelhigher.com
        proto imap
        localdomains azapple.com
        user "notsignificant"
        pass "notsignificant"
        batchlimit 25

Is there some setting that I am missing that prevents them from being
retrieved and then flushed?

Is it because of something in my sendmail.mc file like

FEATURE(`blacklist_recipients')dnl  ?

I will note that I have this set

FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl

since the ISP has already accepted the mail, it seems pointless to
refuse it now.

Craig