fetchmail stuipidity

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Feb 18 13:31:20 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 02:20, Craig White wrote:
> I just manually cleaned off 460+ emails from my ISP's mailbox that I
> 'fetch' mail from.
>
> they were logging in my fetchmail log as...
>
> fetchmail: incorrect header line found while scanning headers
>

> Is it because of something in my sendmail.mc file like
>
> FEATURE(`blacklist_recipients')dnl  ?
>
> I will note that I have this set
>
> FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl
>
> since the ISP has already accepted the mail, it seems pointless to
> refuse it now.

If I understand the various tools correctly I don't believe any settings
in sendmail will affect how fetchmail works.  Fetchmail should be
connecting to your ISP accounts pretty much like your email client does
using pop or imap and pulling the email down and storing it in your
mailbox so you can access it locally using pop or imap.

Would be interesting to identify the incorrect header it is choking on.
Sounds like a good item to file a bug report on so it can be fixed.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

How's the wife?  Is she at home enjoying capitalism?