Mounting SCSI External CDRW Problem

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 18 13:59:18 UTC 2005

Mark Sargent wrote:

>> Hi All,
>>
>> nope, no good with that either. Cheers.
>>
>> [root at localhost root]# mount -t -r /dev/cdrom1 /mnt/cdrom
>> mount: fs type -r not supported by kernel
>>
>> Mark Sargent.
>

> Hi All,
>
> 4got to add, I'm using Fedora2. Cheers.
Mark:

Does the drive 'automount' a disk when you put one in the drive?  I
tried to mount my IDE drive at /dev/hdc to /media/cdrecorder and with no
media (read: disk) in the drive it would not mount.  Put a disk in it,
be it a blank CD-R/RW or a data disk and it would mount 'automagically'.
  This was under FC2 or FC3.  I also have an external USB drive and the
same thing happens.
What does your /etc/fstab file have for this drive?  There should be an
entry for the drive if it was connected at boot time.
--
James McKenzie
With assistance, Now running 2.6.11rc3, Software Suspend 2