Slightly OT: Greylisting another take

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Fri Feb 18 16:46:47 UTC 2005

On Friday 18 February 2005 09:46, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> But then, how did RedHat come to greylist (or blacklist) me?
> And why are both these terms mentioned in the mail comments and
> headers: "X-RedHat-Blacklist-Warning" and
> "host mx3.redhat.com[66.187.233.32] said: 451 4.7.1 greylisted"

They're not picking on you. The idea is that *everyone* is
greylisted and told to re-transmit the mail a second time.

> And even more to the point, how do I get off the RedHat
> (black)greylist?

It's completely automatic; your mail server's normal function of
retrying to deliver a second time will do it.  Then you'll be able
to deliver the mail through that pair of mail servers without
delay.

Regards, Mike Klinke