Deleted apache logs

dan info at hostinthebox.net
Fri Feb 18 17:40:11 UTC 2005

Rodolfo Alcázar wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 17:06 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
>

>>So try:
>># cd /var/log/httpd
>># touch access_log agent_log error_log referer_log rewrite_log
>>ssl_access_log
>># chmod 644 access_log agent_log error_log referer_log rewrite_log
>>ssl_access_log
>># service named restart
>

> Thanks, Paul. That made it. didnt know log filenames.
>
> Best regards.

Honestly, they should be created when Apache starts up.  Perhaps
starting httpd with the -F flag will show you some errors that would
prevent Apache from creating these log files.  If you really want to get
dirty, you can run it through ptrace.

You don't even have to do this, I'm just saying, if I were in charge,
I'd be quite curious as to why these were not being created.

Hope that helps
-dant