Slightly OT: Greylisting another take (solved hopefully)

Alexander Volovics awol at home.nl
Sat Feb 19 00:07:05 UTC 2005

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 01:48:12PM -0500, Scot L. Harris wrote:

> The X-RedHat-Blacklist-Warning has nothing to do with greylisting.  I
> suspect that some how you are bypassing your ISPs servers and sending
> directly and the address range you are on is in the dynamic block of IP
> addresses which many ISPs block out of hand.

NB I am replying to Scot's mail but this is actually addressed to
everybody who was patient enough to reply to my fuzzy headed muddling.

I was indeed sending mail directly to the RedHat servers.
I had missed this simple explanation of the problem for about
3 months now, the information in the mail headers simply did
not register.

Also I still do not understand exactly what was wrong with my
postfix setup. I did have quite a complicated setup with a
recipient_canonical and transport tables (because I used aliases
for my home network). But I don't understand why the transport
table would lead to bypassing my ISPs smtp server.

Anyway I have drastically simplified things and now use only
a sender_canonical table.

This email should now be relayed throught my ISPs smtp server
and my troubles (except maybe for occasional greylisting, which
I shouldn't notice now I expect) should be over.

Everybody thanks again

Alexander