Smart Package Manager: Configuration in readonly mode

Johnathan Bailes johnathan.bailes at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 02:29:35 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 17:46 -0800, Brian Mury wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-18-02 at 17:30 -0800, Brian Mury wrote:
> > Smart Package Manager hung while trying to install an RPM. I had to kill
> > the process. Now when I try to run smart, it exits with the error
> > "Configuration is in readonly mode". Anyone know how to fix this?
>
> Ah - it seems there was still a smart process running. I killed that,
> and now smart opens it's window, then hangs before it displays the list
> of installed RPM's.

Hey guys I have just jumped on board the smart pm ship.  Right now I am
doing my first big update with freshrpms, dag and dries enabled along
with the default repo stuff.

I usually never do this and only install the outside packages I want and
leave it alone until I need another newer feature.

Anyway, this is the test for SMART PM.  If it can handle this.  It can
handle pretty much all my needs.

You said it still hangs?  Does it give you the updating cache message?