RH9 to Fedora

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 11:38:20 UTC 2005

Hi

> Apache these days is covered by SELinux: I'd say that there's a very
> good chance that you'll need to do some reading and relabelling to get
> that working. In your situation, at least to begin with, I'd strongly
> recommend turning SELinux OFF just for httpd: see
> http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc3/index.html#using-s-c-securitylevel

I dont think switching off selinux for apache is the right thing to
do. while apache is one of the most complex deamons running linux and
being protected by targetted policy it should just run out of the box
. if you are doing customisations then its better to read the document
and educate yourself rather than just turning the thing off.

while there is a intial learning curve the advantages are pretty good.

if there are any real problems then do discuss these with the
developers in the fedora selinux list and get it resolved  not just
for you but also for the rest of the users

--
Regards,
Rahul Sundaram