How to boot into run level 3 bash shell with recue cd

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sat Feb 19 15:43:31 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 08:09, Barry Yu wrote:

> I think I didn't make my self clear, what I need is : In case the
> bootloader (grub) is corrupted, fc1 can use a boot floppy to boot into
> bash shell,  and the user can start the x window from there to go to
> desktop to start working, how can I do the same thing in fc3 ( The boot
> floppy won't work any more due to kernel size bigger than a floppy).

I believe Fedora now has a rescue CD.  You can boot from that to do
repair work or maintenance if needed.  Check the repository where you
down loaded the other 4 CDs, you should find a fifth one there for
that.  There are also a number of other live CDs that can be used for
this sort of thing.  But they are based on knoppix not Fedora.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Don't get suckered in by the comments -- they can be terribly misleading.
Debug only code.
		-- Dave Storer