unable to get online with Verizon DSL under Fedora ( 82562ET NIC )

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Sat Feb 19 17:24:30 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 16:32 +0100, MF747 wrote:
> Just thought I would post this question while I continue to spend hours and hours trying to resolve this problem. The problem is when I installed Fedora Core 3 I was unable to get on the internet using the integrated ethernet card and the Verizon Westell Router/Modem 327W .  I've tried several things but nothings work thus far. When I try the command: ifconfig eth0 up this is the message I get:
>
> "SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable"
>
> It seems that I may have a IRQ conflict but I've never had to resolve
> this kind of issue so I was hoping someone can at least point me in the
> right direction. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

This has nothing to do with VOL (I have the same ADSL modem).

How is eth0 aliased in modprobe.conf?
Does lsmod show this mod loaded?
Does this agree with lspci -v?
Have you checked system-config-network?
--

         Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
Fight Spam: http://www.tqmcube.com/rbldnsd.htm