How to get text from a graphic image

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 22:33:31 UTC 2005

I took a screen snapshot (ksnapshot) of a terminal window
with some text in it.  I wasn't able to get the text to be copied
to the clipboard for pasting into an editor window.

Now, I have a record of the text, in an image, and I can go back
and review it for testing/debugging/etc.

My question: How do I NOW get the text from the image?
It's a .jpg (snapshot2.jpg).  I tried GIMP, but the learning
curve is way too long and steep.  What is a way to get the
text out of the image file?

Thanks for any short, simple solution you might know.

--
MM