Compiling the drivers for a ADSL Modem (IceData500)

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Sun Feb 20 03:01:07 UTC 2005

Vasco Dionísio wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I need to put my ADSL Modem to work under Red Hat Linux 7.3.
>My modem model is IceData500 and the vendor says it is compatible with RH
>7.3 and they even  provice drivers.
>
>Please help me because I really would like to get rid(this is probably bad
>spelled) of Windows...
>
>In the readme file they say something about "compiling", "include files in
>the kernel source", etc. (please see bellow). Well, my problem is that I am
>new to Linux and I never compiled anything but my c "Hello World" 2 lines of
>code programs (and I am a very bad c programmer) with only one header file
>stdio.h. So compiling an operating system is something unimagible for me. I
>installed my RH 7.3 from some CDs that came together with a book a bougth
>and liked it (RH 7.3) a lot (this was a while ago thats why it is 7.3 and
>not a more recent version and my computer is an old laptop Pentium II 400Mhz
>256M RAM).

Vasco, this is a Fedora Core linux mailing list.  You could download the
isos for Fedora Core 2 or 3, install them and people here would lend a
hand.  If you want to stick with RH 7.3 for a while, you would benefit
from visiting Fedora Legacy's site, http://fedoralegacy.org/.  where
some support for RH 7.3 is available.  You could also signup for their
mailing list.