Why do I need SELinux?

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Sun Feb 20 17:35:25 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 22:52 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> controlling CGI scripts for example

I read the FAQ. You still haven't provided an example of precisely what
I could suffer by not using SEL. Controlling CGI isn't an example, it's
just an FAQ topic.

Everything that you do on a server is a trade off in one form or
another. In this case, it's resources and complexity for greater
security. Until I fully understand the benefit, I won't endure the
costs. Ultimately, I'll get a handle on SELinux and then make an
INFORMED decision. I'm certainly not motivated to use something because
it's there or because someone else thinks that I should.

--

         Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
Fight Spam:     http://www.tqmcube.com/rbldnsd.htm