Adding Correct Host Key

Angelo Machils angelus at sangreal.demon.nl
Sun Feb 20 17:47:04 UTC 2005

>I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove a host key and add a new
>one to .ssh/known_hosts
>
>I just recently reinstalled FC3 on one of my systems. I previously had
>an ssh connection established, but after I reinstalled I imagine it
>was wiped away. So my question is...How do I re-establish my ssh
>connection to that host?
>
>Is it as simple as going into .ssh/ and doing:
>rm known_hosts

Don't remove the whole file, only the line where the key is for that
particular system. After your reinstall the system generated a new key,
but in the known_hosts file on the system where you initiate the ssh
connection there is still the old key. They don't match, so you don't
connect :)

Regards, Angelo