Minimum system requirements

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sun Feb 20 19:14:34 UTC 2005

On 02/20/2005 07:05:18 AM, Sasa Stupar wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Can someone tell me the minimum system requirements to run FC3 as
> workstation (not server) with GUI smoothly?

I recommend 512 MB of ram.
I'm doing just fine with 256 but there have been times when I know I
would benefit from more.

As far as CPU goes - it depends, if you want to use OpenOffice.org than
I personally suggest 2 GHz cpu - they aren't that expensive now.
Otherwise, you can probably get away with less - but OO.o can be
frustratingly slow at startup on 1GHz and lower CPU's. At least for me
(that's one of the reasons I actually ditched it for AbiWord/Gnumeric -
even though now I have a machine it is usable on)

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/