X-IMail-SPAM-Connection Mailman

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sun Feb 20 19:51:56 UTC 2005

Amy Stinson wrote:

>>Keep the package.. It'll save you from the headache of updating manually
>>later...
>>All the mailman files are still there.. To find their exact locations on
>>fedora/redhat, use rpm -ql mailman |more .
>>The mailman config after finding the files is just like the mailman
>>manual says..
>>

>Thanks for the reply, Pedro.
>
>The problem is that the manual not making much sense to me right now.  I am more GUI
>oriented and since I'm so new to Linux I have no real point of reference.
>
>To not be able to start the service without a list in place is kind of bass-ackwards to me.

This was a problem I had too when I upgraded from one version of mailman
to another , which introduced the need of the existence mailman
list...This list is necessary since all the error messages go to it.
You can imagine the headache I had until I figured out that I had to
create that list to make the other 200 lists work :|

To configure the server , just follow the instructions from
/usr/share/doc/mailman-*/INSTALL.REDHAT (this is using the latest
mailman package for FC2). It has all the necessary details for setting
up mailman from the RPM package. (Of course it takes in consideration
that your webserver and e-mail server are configured already)
You should also take a look at the docs regarding the integration of
mailman and the smtp server of your choice. (The docs are at
/usr/share/doc/mailman-2.1.5/ )

I'm unable to set a mailman install here for now , but if you have any
problems , just post it and I'll take a look.

--
Pedro Macedo