My FC3 stops at "/sbin/loader"

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Feb 20 22:27:16 UTC 2005

Tomas Deceuninck wrote:
> Hi,
>

> When I boot form my FC3 DVD an I press ‘enter’ to start the installation
> he loads everything perfect and at the end he shows “/sbin/laoder” and
> then he just stops. I have no problem rebooting then with Alt+Ctrl+Del
> but I can’t run the install. I tried it with my cd of FC3 two but that
> does the same thing.
>
> Could this be a problem with my hardware? Because I read FC3 has some
> trouble with an gigabyte motherboard.
>
> Pleas help me because I’d love to work with FC3.
>

> Thank you.

Have you tried installing in text mode?

linux text

The installation through the text installer requires tabbing to fields
and the ok button. It still allows you to install the GUI stuff when you
get done. I'm not sure what /sbin/loader is, but it stopped at that
point for me. When I reverted to text mode, it did not have the same
problem.

This might allow you to install or you could still get the problem.
Others might know more regarding the gigabyte motherboards.

Jim

--
Politics and the fate of mankind are formed by men without ideals and
without