SOLUTION Re: fc3 ftp connects but not working

Matt Considine matt at considine.net
Sun Feb 20 22:43:05 UTC 2005

Okay, this appears to have worked for me (FC3, Gnome), now :
  - Go to Applications | System Settings | Security Level
  - disable firewall and SElinux (since there's a router firewall)
    I have not checked if only one needs to be shut off
  - reboot
  - using gFTP, go to File | Options | FTP
  - turn off Passive mode
  - try hitting the ftp site.  I got the directory listing, which I
    was not getting before.

Matt