Not able to print to shared OS X printer

Ian P. Thomas ipt at scraemon.org
Sun Feb 20 23:36:03 UTC 2005

The printer I'm trying to print to is shared via OS X.  The printer
shows up in 'Printer Configuration' under 'Browsed Queues' as
'HL-1440_series', with the hostname of the Mac listed under the
'Description' column.  I selected 'Default', a check mark appeared in
the appropriate column, and hit 'Apply'.  I then select Test->CUPS Test
Page.  The following dialog box appears.

Sent CUPS test page
to 'HL-1440_series' queue.  Does it look okay?

The print job never makes it to the printer.  The 'Document print
status' shows a 'Status' of Sending that never changes.  Other Macs can
print to this printer without any issues.

Any suggestions on why this isn't working and what to do next?

Ian